Refresh your dress
Kill the enemy
before it has a chance to do any damage to your dress. Sweat is normal part of exercise and competing in ballroom dresses is definitely a Dancesport full of exercise. If you are not sweating just being nervous you are sure to get a little warm once the music gets moving. We have learned a few tips as dress vendors and competitions ourselves. We want to equip you with the information we have and the tools to make your dance journey even better.
The summer 2021 box includes a Fabric Refresh spray made up of witch hazel, water, baking soda and essential oils. It is very similar to fabreeze without all the added chemicals.
Start prevention of damage from body oil and sweat, as soon as your take costume off!
- Spray costume with anti-bacterial fabric freshener, or just use vodka in a spray bottle. Yes, VODKA! Vodka or any clear pure alcohol kills odor causing bacteria but vodka leaves the least after-smell. Note you may need to use more vodka than fabric freshener to get the same effect.
- Hand wash the body suit in the sink using Woolite or similar delicate laundry detergent
- Wipe off the arm holes to avoid deodorant stains and odor
- Leave bodysuit spread apart from the dress as much as possible while drying
- Pack it! Pack a small spray bottle of fabric freshener in your dance bag to use as soon as you take it off!
Test in a small section on the side of your costume just to be sure. We have used this combo on many dresses and send it with each rental but you can never to be careful with these beautiful dance gowns!